Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Embracing My Natural Hair

Watch "Two strand twist and Bantu knots!" on YouTube

I will start out by saying, "I am a lover of weave." ...drops mic. Ha! I became natural by chance thru my addiction of weave. I ended up finding a hair and a stylist that does great sew ins and before I knew it...I had gotten a yeR worth of sew ins and it had been 12 + months since I last relaxed my hair. Then came invisible parts. I was able to gel my hair down, mold it with hair protectant (morning glory) and not to have any or my hair out and have my hair protected.... I was in love.

I looked around and another year had passed and I only had about 2 inches of relaxed hair left so I cut about an inch of that off. I wasn't strong enough to cut 2 inches at oncce. Even though I never wore my real hair. So eventually I cut all the relaxed hair off. I tried different hair styles some worked and some didnt. Learning new products that work for.my hair is a challenege but I am determined to find the perfect product for my 3c type hair and start embracing my NATURAL HAIR.

@MADAMSHAKES  Twitter and Instagram

No comments: